Consumers (and people representing consumers)
- Check the Financial Services Register to find out if a firm is authorised
- Use our contact form to report a scam or unauthorised firm
- Find out how to complain about a financial product or service
- Find out about fake FCA emails, letters and phone calls
- Discover which firms to avoid
- Learn how to be a ScamSmart investor
If you are trying to reach your product or service provider, we won’t be able to help you. Their contact details can be found on your documentation or on the FS Register.
- 0800 111 6768 (freephone)
- 0300 500 8082 (from the UK)
- +44 207 066 1000 (from abroad)
Calls using next generation text relay, please call us on (18001) 0207 066 1000.
We’re open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm and Saturday 9am to 1pm.
If you have contacted us before about a topic or issue, please have your case reference number ready to give us.
Please note, while it's not illegal for you to capture and record voice calls for your own use, such recordings must not be published or shared with any third party without our consent.
If you use our contact form, it will take up to 3 working days for you to receive a response. If your query is urgent, please call us.
If you need information in a different format, such as an audio recording, large print, or spoken rather than written communication, please call us and we will do our best to help. Find out more about how we provide support.
Consumer web chat
Note: to access the contact form or web chat, you will need a current or recent version of internet browsers like Chrome, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Firefox or Opera.
Firms (and people representing firms)
Including consumer credit firms.
Find answers to your most frequently asked questions:
- How to reset your Connect password
- How to submit your firm details attestation
- How to sign up and access the Online fees portal
- How to pay your annual fee
- Help with completing CCR007 Consumer Credit data
- Help with completing your Retail Mediation Activities (RMA) return
- Help with completing AIF returns
If you’ve received an email from us and want to check it’s genuine, please email [email protected] attaching a copy of the email. We will aim to respond to you within 2 working days. Find out more about fake FCA emails, letters and phone calls.
- 0300 500 0597 from the UK
- +44 207 066 1000 from abroad
We are open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 9am to 5pm, and Thursday 9.45am to 5pm.
If you have already contacted us about a topic or issue, please have your case reference number ready to give us. If you have a firm reference number, please also have this to hand.
For systems or applications queries, please call us during our opening hours as we may need to authenticate you.
Firms can also email us at [email protected].
Note: to access the contact form or web chat, and some FCA systems like Connect, you will need a current or recent version of internet browsers like Chrome, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Firefox or Opera.
Write to us
During the current coronavirus situation, we encourage you to get in touch via email as, due to changing working patterns, we may not be able to receive letters via traditional post. Please use [email protected] or use our contact form.
Head Office: 12 Endeavour Square, London E20 1JN. How to find us.
Switchboard: +44 (0)20 7066 1000
Company no. 01920623
Other contact information
- Primary market functions
- Press office (media centre)
- Requests for letters of goodstanding
- Complain about us, the PRA and the Bank of England
- Website feedback