Use Connect to make applications and notifications to us.
Connect is our online system that you can use to submit applications and notifications for:
- approved persons
- appointed representatives
- AIFMD applications
- annual client asset report (as per SUP 3)
- benchmark administrators
- cancellations of firm authorisation or registration
- change in control notifications (if your firm is only regulated by the FCA)
- claims management
- consumer buy-to-let registration
- electronic money institutions: authorise, register or cancel
- firm details and attestation
- MiFID II notifications
- Money Laundering Regulation New Registrations
- NPPR Notifications (excluding EEA AIFMs marketing funds under Regulation 57)
- NPPR Material Change Notifications (excluding EEA AIFMs marketing funds under Regulation 57)
- part 4A permission (dual regulated firms still have to use the paper forms)
- payment institutions: authorise, register or cancel
- PSD agents: add, amend or remove
- PSD2 Notifications
- sensitive business names
- suspicious transaction and order reports (STORs)
- variation of permission
- waivers and crr permissions
If you are trying to submit regulatory data you will need to use RegData. This is our new data collection platform for gathering regulatory data from firms. RegData has replaced our Gabriel system.
To reset your passcode, please call 0300 500 0597 from the UK, or +44 207 066 1000 from abroad to speak to a supervisor so we can reset your passcode for you.
Before calling, please make sure you are the Connect registered user, as we will need to confirm your identity and complete account security checks before we can reset your passcode.
The time taken to assess your application will depend on whether everything is included, complete and clear.
You can track the progress of an application within Connect.
- Log in to Connect.
- Click on 'My Applications' on the home page.
- Click on the relevant application to track its progress.
Once you’ve made an application on Connect, we will contact you within 3 weeks, normally to tell you which case officer we have assigned to your application or to tell you the date by which we will assign your application.
When a case officer is assigned to your application, you will receive an email notification and an alert within Connect.
Your application should be completed in line with our service level agreements (SLA) that can be found within Connect. Specific SLAs can be found within the 'My Applications' section.
Find out more about applications for authorisation.
Supported internet browsers
To access Connect you will need a current or recent version of browsers such as:
- Chrome (download or update)
- Internet Explorer 11 (download or update)
- Microsoft Edge (download or update)
- Safari (download or update)
- Firefox (download or update)
End of the transition period
The UK has left the EU and the transition period has ended. Where any of our forms still contain EU references, please see our guide on completing our forms after the UK’s withdrawal from the EU.