Find out about our corporate responsibility agenda, including our role within the community and our commitment to safeguarding resources.
On this page
Good corporate citizenship and corporate responsibility are important parts of our identity, both as an employer and a regulator. They sit at the heart of our culture and are part of everything we do.
Our role within the community is key and this approach helps our people feel a sense of belonging to the FCA and to wider society.
Our corporate responsibility agenda
Our corporate responsibility agenda goes hand in hand with our business objectives.
Primarily, we aim to protect consumers and enhance the integrity of the UK financial system. But we also aim to create a positive impact in our communities and our environment. What we learn from this makes us a better regulator.
We concentrate on three core aspects of corporate responsibility:
- diversity and inclusion
- community engagement
- environmental sustainability
Being a great place to work
- provide a rewarding environment, recognising that our people are motivated by more than just money
- have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion in our practices, allowing people to develop and progress without barriers
- look after the well-being of our people, ensuring that they are safe and well and appropriately cared for
- promote an environment in which people are valued and respected
- are a Living Wage Employer
Read more about our work on diversity, equity and inclusion.
Understanding the communities we serve
- orient our thinking towards the consumer, so we can better understand those using financial services
- ensure we give our people a chance to be involved in their community, linking what they do to their learning and development
- influence the sector to do the same, encouraging an active commitment to diversity and community engagement
- connect what we learn with our core functions of financial regulation
Find out about our community engagement.
- encourage people to value our resources through the development of sound practices to reduce waste
- continually improve our resource and energy-efficiency
Learn what we are doing to become a more environmentally sustainable organisation.
Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
- recognise our responsibility to ensure that our suppliers have fair and ethical labour practices
- make it clear that we expect all of our suppliers to comply with the Statement and to ensure that working conditions in their operations meet (or exceed) international labour standards
- will continue to review the steps we are taking to combat modern slavery and human trafficking in our business and supply chains
Read our full Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement.