Information about using or copying material on our website (including the Handbook) and terms and conditions for reproducing accompanying materials.
Reproducing content from the Handbook
If you would like to reproduce content from the Handbook, you will need to apply for a licence agreement.
1.1 By accessing any part of this site, you will be deemed to have accepted these terms in full.
1.2 These terms are governed by and interpreted in line with English law.
1.3 Subject to 1.4, these terms apply to the whole of the Financial Conduct Authority’s website.
1.4 Some statistical outputs published jointly by the FCA and the Bank of England and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority may be made available for reproduction under the terms of the UK Open Government Licence (UKOGL); where the UKOGL is expressly stated to apply, it replaces conditions 2.2 to 2.5 of these terms.
2.1 The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) owns the copyright and any other rights in all material on this site other than any Parliamentary material, third party stock images (such as photographs) and other material as indicated.
2.2 You may print and download extracts from this site on the following conditions:
- 2.2.1 The documents and related graphics on this site are for personal use or for use within an individual firm or organisation; any copies of these pages that you save to disk or to any other storage medium may (subject to the exceptions referred to at 2.2.4 below) only be used for subsequent personal viewing purposes or for viewing within the firm or organisation by which they were saved or stored.
- 2.2.2 Any extracts which are printed may only be used for personal viewing – or for viewing within the firm or organisation by which they were printed (subject only to the exceptions referred to at 2.2.4 below).
- 2.2.3 Neither pages saved to disk or stored in any way, nor extracts printed, may (subject to the exception referred to at 2.2.4 below) be distributed to third parties or sold or otherwise circulated for profit.
- 2.2.4 The conditions stated in clauses 2.2.1 to 2.2.3 above do not apply:
- (i) to the reproduction, in whole or in part, of the FCA’s Annual Reports or Business Plans; or
- (ii) in relation to any other document or related graphics, where extracts (of no more than a few relevant provisions) are copied to individual third parties in a manner incidental to advice or other activities.
- 2.2.5 No documents or related graphics on this site are to be modified in any way.
- 2.2.6 Graphics on this site are not to be used separately from the accompanying text.
- 2.2.7 The source of our material should be acknowledged in all copies, either by appropriate words or by adding the FCA copyright symbol (i.e. (c) The Financial Conduct Authority).
2.3 You must not reproduce or store any part of this site in any other website or include it in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written permission.
2.4 You must not use data from this site to provide a data feed to any comparison table or any other website without our written permission.
2.5 Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
2.6 The Parliamentary copyright material on this website, relating to the legislative history of the Financial Services and Markets Act, is reproduced with the permission of the Controller of Her Majesty's Stationery Office on behalf of Parliament.
2.7 Photographs of senior staff of the FCA (the Executive Photographs) are made available on this site and may be reproduced by firms and other readers, including journalists, in any publication, whether or not sold or otherwise circulated for profit, provided the reproduction does not modify the Executive Photograph in any way.
2.8. If you reproduce any of the material on this site, whether on paper or electronically, you must ensure that any document or publication in which the material is displayed or incorporated does not:
- in any way imply that the FCA is endorsing a firm, journal or publication or any particular products, services or communications,
- present false information concerning the FCA,
- contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive or controversial, or
- infringe any intellectual property or other rights of any person or otherwise not comply with any relevant law or regulation.
2.9 Any re-use of material on this site otherwise than as explicitly permitted in this copyright notice is prohibited unless prior written permission to the re-use has been obtained from the FCA.
2.10 Any permission under clause 2.9 to re-use material on this site may be subject to such conditions as the FCA considers appropriate in the circumstances.
3.1 We try to ensure that the information on this site is correct, but we do not give any express or implied warranty as to its accuracy. We do not accept liability for any error or omission.
3.2 The definitive version of an FCA publication other than the Handbook is the original, printed one. The definitive version of Handbook text at any particular time is the version contained in the instruments (including amending instruments) published on the FCA website.
3.3 We are not liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
3.4 Part of this site contains material sent to us by third parties. These third parties are responsible for ensuring that the material they submit to us complies with national and relevant foreign law. We are not responsible for any error, omission or inaccuracy in the material. We reserve the right to omit, suspend or edit any material submitted.
3.5 The materials on this site do not constitute financial or other professional advice. You should consult your professional adviser if you require financial advice.
3.6 This website offers links to other sites – they enable you to leave the FCA site. We do not control the linked sites (with exception of Jobs at FCA, FCA Warning List, Consumer Spotlight and FCA Firms) and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. We are not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. We provide these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply our endorsement of the site.
3.7 While we try to ensure that this site is normally available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if, for any reason, the site is unavailable for any period of time.
3.8 Access to this site may be suspended temporarily or permanently and without notice.