The policy development update provides some information on our recent and upcoming publications but should not be regarded as comprehensive. We usually update this page on the first Friday of each month – this version is current as of 9 April 2021.
The following publications were issued recently:
- Finalised Guidance: Mortgages and coronavirus: further updated tailored support guidance for firm
- FS21/6: Coronavirus: Tailored Support Guidance (TSG) for firms - feedback on draft guidance on home repossessions & statement of ongoing relevance of TSG
- FS21/7: Open finance – feedback statement
- Handbook Notice 86
- Primary Market Bulletin 33
- PS21/3 Building operational resilience
- FG21/3: Advising on pension transfers
- PS21/4: Extension of Annual Financial Crime Reporting Obligation
- Annual financial crime reporting requirements for cryptoasset businesses registered under the money laundering regulations
- Finalised Guidance: Cancellations and refunds: helping consumers with rights and routes to refunds
- CP21/5: Quarterly Consultation Paper No. 31
- CP21/4: Funeral plans: proposed approach to regulation
- Funeral plan providers and intermediaries - half-yearly prudential return
- Funeral plan providers - quarterly conduct review
- CP21/3: Changes to the SCA- RTS and to the guidance in ‘Payment Services and Electronic Money - Our Approach’ and the Perimeter Guidance Manual
- CP21/1: Restricting CMC charges for financial services and products claims
For an explanation of the modules see our Handbook Reader's Guide and for an overview of the Handbook see the structure diagram. While we aim to ensure it is accurate, the entries are not comprehensive and dates do not represent firm commitments by us.
Some items in quarterly consultation papers may have a shorter or longer consultation period than the consultation period stated in this update.
Expected feedback date
|CP on exit fees in investment platforms and comparable firms||
|FCA regulated fees and levies: rates proposals 2021/22||Fee-payers paying FCA fees, Financial Ombudsman Service, Money and Pensions Service, Devolved Authorities and Illegal Money Lending levies.||GLOSS, FEES||April 2021||6 weeks||July 2021|
Quarterly Consultation Papers
Expected date of feedback*
|CP21/5: Quarterly Consultation Paper No 30||2. Amendments to the Compensation sourcebook||GLOSS, COMP||TBC|
|CP21/5: Quarterly Consultation Paper No 30||3. Changes to the Training and Competence sourcebook||TC||TBC|
|CP20/18: Quarterly Consultation Paper No 29 (September 2020)||2. Consequential changes to the Listing Rules (Chapter 8) to align with provisions for ‘exempted documents’ under the Prospectus Regulation||LR||TBC|
|CP19/27: Quarterly Consultation Paper No 25 (September 2019)||8: Lending Standards Board – FCA code recognition||N/A||TBC|
|CP19/19: Quarterly Consultation Paper No 24 (June 2019)||2: Gibraltar-based firms – fees and levies||FEES||TBC|
|CP18/24: Quarterly Consultation No. 22 (September 2018)||3: Changes to supervisory principles||SUP||TBC|
|CP16/21 Quarterly Consultation No. 14 (September 2016)||6: Mutuals' deferred shares||GLOSS, COBS||TBC|
* Feedback to QCP consultations will publish in the Handbook Notice.
View or order free printed guides from The Money and Pensions Service.
Send comments or questions about this update and forthcoming publications to:
Email: [email protected]