Why we are consulting
Our proposals aim to address the areas of the Regulation that pose the most harm to consumers. We want to address the lack of clarity on the PRIIPs scope and address concerns with performance scenarios, summary risk indicators and elements of the transaction costs methodology.
Who this applies to
This consultation will be of interest to:
- consumers and consumer organisations
- those who manufacture PRIIPs and those who advise on or distribute PRIIPs, including:
- issuers of securities that are or may be classed as PRIIPs (including businesses that do not require Part 4A authorisation under FSMA)
- life companies and discretionary investment management firms
- firms providing services in relation to insurance-based investments
- fund managers, wealth managers and financial advisers
- stockbrokers and other firms that provide advice to retail clients on funds
- issuers of structured products and derivatives
- firms operating retail distribution platforms
You can send them to us at [email protected] or by using our online response form.
Or in writing to:
Consumer Investments and Promotions Policy
Financial Conduct Authority
12 Endeavour Square London E20 1JN
Addendum - July 2021
We updated the Consultation Paper text to amend small errors identified with how we communicated our proposals in relation to Performance information and Transactions costs.