We've started the process of moving firms and their users from Gabriel to RegData. Find out how to prepare for your move.
All 52,000 firms that provide regular regulatory submissions in Gabriel will need to use RegData in the future.
We’re moving firms and their users to RegData in groups to minimise the impact this has on them. Your firm's planned moving date will be determined by the nature of your reporting obligations and reporting schedules.
Your firm won't be able to access RegData until all its data has been moved from Gabriel. We’ll email your firm's Principal User and associated users 3 weeks before your planned moving date, with reminders 5 days and 1 day to go.
Compliance consultants will receive reminders for every firm their user account is currently associated with in Gabriel.
You’ll also be able to see your full Gabriel submission history on the new platform.
Preparing for your move
Before your planned moving date, check that you have:
- up-to-date contact details in Gabriel
- nominated the correct Principal User and assigned administrator rights correctly in Gabriel
- accurate information in Gabriel about all other active users – with any non-active users disabled
- registered for RegData through the one-time activity in Gabriel. If you aren’t prompted to complete this process in Gabriel it means you have successfully completed the activity in the past and you can log in to RegData using the same login details you would use for Connect. If you are the Principal User of the firm, ensure any additional Firm Users that you may have set up also complete the registration in Gabriel by 10pm, otherwise you will need to set them up as new users in RegData
Until we move you to the new platform, please continue to use Gabriel as normal, using your existing Gabriel login details.
Your moving date
Step 1: First email notification – 3 weeks before your planned moving date
- every firm user will receive a reminder 3 weeks before your firm’s moving date – this is a system-generated email from our Gabriel system ([email protected])
- don’t worry if you don’t receive it in the next few months – we're moving firms in groups as part of a phased transition process
- if you notice that not all users at your firm have received the notification, ask your firm’s Principal User to update your user list and relevant contact details in Gabriel
- make sure you register for RegData by 10pm on the Friday before your planned moving date. If you are the Principal User of the firm, ensure any additional Firm Users that you may have set up also complete the registration in Gabriel by 10pm, otherwise you will need to set them up as new users in RegData
Step 2: Email reminder – 5 days before your planned moving date
Step 3: Final email reminder – the day before your planned moving date
Step 4: Confirmation when your firm and its users have been moved to RegData
Your planned moving date might be subject to change based on your reporting requirements.
After your move
Once you've moved to RegData, you will be able to log in using the same login details as you do for our Connect platform. You would have set this up during the registration activity for RegData. Make sure you complete this activity by 10pm on the Friday ahead of your planned moving date. If you are the Principal User of the firm, ensure any additional Firm Users that you may have set up also complete the registration in Gabriel by 10pm, otherwise you will need to set them up as new users in RegData.
You can familiarise yourself with RegData before your move by watching our explainer videos or reading our user guides which take you through every aspect of the new system.
See our resources page for more information.
Why we have replaced Gabriel
Gabriel has served us well since 2002, helping us collect more than 500,000 submissions a year from 120,000 users across 52,000 firms. However, it was time to build a modern, easier-to-use system that makes your data reporting as efficient and tailored as possible.
What’s new in RegData
Our feedback from Gabriel users suggested 3 main areas for improvement:
- accessing Gabriel, particularly the speed of the system and getting support
- viewing your Gabriel reporting schedule, especially the need to improve the schedule layout and submission history
- submitting data and the importance of guidance and data validation
We took this feedback into account, and while RegData looks similar to Gabriel it has several improvements – it's faster, more accessible, the system can send notifications for multiple users, and the reporting schedules are more user friendly.
RegData also saves a user’s progress in data items automatically every 2 minutes, and includes useful help text throughout the platform.
Firms to participate in ongoing testing
We’ve begun to invite firms to provide feedback on RegData. We are now contacting those who expressed an interest following our July 2019 survey, or those who submit Gabriel data items which will be initially enabled in RegData, inviting them to participate in a RegData familiarisation activity.
Your experience of the system is important to us and participants will be offered the opportunity to provide feedback on changes to the system. Whilst we cannot commit to taking forward all suggestions, we will review all feedback as we continue to improve RegData. This is test access to RegData only.
All data items still need to be submitted on Gabriel until you we move you to RegData.