Find out how to submit a request for an pre-application meeting and what to prepare before the meeting.
These meetings are designed to help applicants understand the authorisation process to increase the likelihood of submitting a complete application.
We conduct one pre-application meeting every Tuesday from 2pm to 4pm at our office in Canary Wharf. You need to book a meeting in advance with us.
This form should only be used by discretionary asset managers who plan to submit:
- a new Part 4A authorisation application or
- a Variation of Permission application to become authorised under MiFID, AIFMD, UCITS, or any other local regulations applicable to UK asset management firms
A pre-application meeting is not compulsory and we only recommend one if you believe that the meeting would significantly help you get specific support not ordinarily available to you from our website, Handbook, and other guidance materials. While we try to meet all firms that apply for a pre-application meeting, we might on occasions need to decline your request based on the:
- volume of meeting requests
- complexity of your application
- availability of alternative guidance material on our website
We will respond to any pre-application requests within 5 working days.
To make the meeting useful, we ask all applicants to submit relevant documents at least 10 working days before the meeting. Upon reviewing your document, if we feel that you are too early in the application process, we might ask you to finalise and develop your application plan further and re-organise a pre application meeting closer to actual application submission.
We expect your firm to have decided its commercial business plan, organised crucial resources, and through about the design of its policies, procedures, systems and controls before you submit the pre application meeting request. We expect that you should be in a position to submit its authorisation application within 3 months of its actual meeting with us.
Documents for the pre-application meeting
You need to submit the following documents at least 10 business days before the date of your meeting to [email protected]:
- regulatory business plan
- anticipated scope of permission
- organisation structure chart
- ownership structure chart with close links
- financial projections and regulatory capital computations
- list of controlled functions holder
- any other document you believe would help the pre application meeting discussion
We try to provide an equal chance to every firm and would accordingly want to restrict each pre-application meeting to one session. However, we do recognise that in certain circumstances, owing to the nature of the application, one session might not be sufficient. In such situations, our preferred approach would be to organise a conference call with you post the pre application meeting and if absolutely essential, arrange a follow up meeting.