Find out how to register for Gabriel.
If your firm is new to Gabriel, you will have to register a principal user. To do this you will need either:
- the registration key/unique identifier and Firm Reference Number which can be found in your authorisation email, or Welcome Pack (this only applies if you do not have an Approved Person).
- an Approved Person who holds a ‘significant influence functions’: CF 1,3,4,5,6,8,9, 10; SMF 1-8, 16-19, 21, 22; SIMF 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 20, 22, 23
If you haven't been sent a registration key or your firm doesn't have a person holding one of the significant influence functions, please contact us.
After registering, the appointed principal user will receive an activation email which contains a verification link.
Setting a password
Once you log in from the activation email, you should change your password. This must:
- be at least 8 characters long
- contain at least 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, 1 number and 1 special character (! “ $ % ^ & * ( ) - + @ # ~ ? < >)
- not have the words ‘password’, ‘administrator’, ‘nobody’, or your first name, surname or username
- not be one of your last 12 passwords
Your security answer is not case sensitive and must be between 6 and 30 characters long.