From end of March 2020, directory persons information will start to be published on the Financial Services Register.
As part of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR), firms must submit their directory persons data using the FCA’s Connect system. This data, which will be owned and maintained by firms, will be published on the Financial Services Register. It will provide a range of information about professionals working in financial services, which consumers and firms can use either to check and validate information against, or to find people who can provide them with financial services.
Deadline for submitting directory persons information
- • Banks, building societies, credit unions and insurance companies must submit their data by 9 March 2020.
- • All other solo-regulated firms must submit their data by 9 December 2020.
Directory Persons consist of:
- All Certified staff (those holding a certification function under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR))
- Directors who are not performing Senior Manager Functions (SMFs) – both executive and non-executive
- Other individuals who are sole traders or ARs (including those within ARs) where they are undertaking business with clients and require a qualification to do so
Directory persons information to be published on the Financial Services Register includes:
- Name and any previous names
- Roles with start and end dates
- Activities undertaken
For customer-facing roles requiring a qualification:
- Customer engagement methods
- Workplace location (where relevant)
- Memberships of professional bodies
How to prepare your directory person submission
Our Policy Statement (PS19/7) provides useful background about directory persons and information for preparing your directory persons submission. Page 5 includes a full list of all the directory persons information that will appear publicly on the Financial Services Register. Please read this before preparing your submission.
How to submit your directory persons data
Submit your data using the new directory persons Connect form. In this form you will have 2 ways of submitting your data, using a single entry form for a single record notification, or a template for you to add multiple entries.
How to amend your directory persons data
Amend your data using the new directory persons Connect form. In this form you will have 2 ways of amending your data, using the single amend form for a single record amendment, or a template for you to amend multiple entries.
How we’ll make your data public
We will start publishing directory persons data for banks, building societies, credit unions and insurance companies from March 2020. We will start publishing Directory Persons data for all other firms from December 2020.
Our Question and Answers include a full range of information on topics such as reporting, the submission process and use of data.
If you have any general questions about the directory persons, either call us on 0300 500 0597 from the UK, on +44 207 066 1000 from abroad, or email us.