Under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR), we will publish and maintain a directory of certified and assessed persons on the Financial Services Register, so consumers and professionals can check the details of key individuals working in financial services.
Directory Persons data for firms regulated by both the FCA and PRA is now published on the FS Register. Directory Persons data may show for some but not all firms regulated solely by the FCA until 31 March 2021.
Solo-regulated firms must submit their Directory Persons data via Connect by 31 March 2021. We will incrementally display data from solo-regulated firms as it is submitted from 14 December 2020.
If submitting data for 10 or more than 10 Directory Persons, use the multiple add template or multiple amend template between 11 January and 18 March. For submissions using Single add or amend forms on Connect, this can continue until the deadline of 31 March 2021.
Preparing your certified and assessed person submission
Our Policy Statement (PS19/7) provides useful background about certified and assessed persons and information for preparing your submission. Page 5 includes a full list of all the certified and assessed persons information that will appear publicly on the FS Register. Please read this before preparing your submission.
Adding or amending your certified and assessed persons data
Use the new directory persons Connect form which offers 2 ways of adding or amending your data: using a single entry form for a single record notification, or a template where you can add or amend multiple entries.
Read our 5 top tips for submitting correctly
When using the multiple add template or multiple amend template, make sure you:
- Save your upload as a CSV UTF-8 file. Once converted to CSV UTF-8, do not make further changes to it. If changes are required, update your original Excel file (.xlsx) and then convert it back to CSV UTF-8.
- Provide a role start date and FRN for each certified and assessed person.
- Use the drop-down values in the template and don’t ignore cell formatting. Pay particular attention to dates, ensuring Excel recognises them as dates rather than ‘general’ or ‘text’ (see the number format box in Excel).
- Avoid using commas and special characters in the template, and avoid leaving blank spaces in the national insurance field.
- Use the latest version of the templates.
More information for your submission
Certified and assessed persons consist of:
- all certified staff (those holding a certification function under the SM&CR)
- directors who are not performing Senior Manager Functions (SMFs) – both executive and non-executive
- other individuals who are sole traders or ARs (including those within ARs) where they are undertaking business with clients and require a qualification to do so
Certified and assessed persons information to be published on the Financial Services Register includes:
- name and any previous names
- roles with start and end dates
- activities undertaken
Customer-facing roles requiring a qualification must include:
- customer engagement methods
- workplace location (where relevant)
- memberships of professional bodies
How we’ll make your data public
As part of the SM&CR, the information on the directory of certified and assessed persons will be publicly available when it is hosted on the FS Register later this year.
If you need more help
Our Questions and Answers cover a range of topics such as reporting, the submission process and use of data.
If you have general questions about the directory persons, either call us on 0300 500 0597 from the UK, on +44 207 066 1000 from abroad, or email us.