Under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR), we will publish and maintain a directory of certified and assessed persons on the Financial Services Register, so consumers and professionals can check the details of key individuals working in financial services.
Publication of dual regulated firms Directory Persons data
Dual-regulated firms Directory Persons data is now published on the FS Register.
Solo-regulated firms: directory persons update
Solo-regulated firms must submit their Directory Persons data via Connect by 31 March 2021 using the single entry submission form. Earlier dates apply if they wish to use the multiple entry submission form and/or if they wish their data to appear from earlier dates starting in December. We will begin to incrementally display data from solo-regulated firms as it is submitted - the data will start to be published from 14 December 2020. The last date for single entry submissions to appear from the outset of this publication is 9 December 2020.
If your firm has more than 10 directory persons and wants to use the multiple add or amend template submission method, the relevant information is below.
• Firms submitting before the earliest publication date should submit between 26 November and 4 December. Firms can use the single submission form to submit up to 9 December and their data will appear from mid -December.
• Firms submitting after the earliest publication date but before the deadline, should submit between 11 January and 18 March. Firms can use the single submission form to submit up to 31 March 2021 deadline.
Preparing your certified and assessed person submission
Our Policy Statement (PS19/7) provides useful background about certified and assessed persons and information for preparing your submission. Page 5 includes a full list of all the certified and assessed persons information that will appear publicly on the FS Register. Please read this before preparing your submission.
Adding or amending your certified and assessed persons data
Use the new directory persons Connect form which offers 2 ways of adding or amending your data: using a single entry form for a single record notification, or a template where you can add or amend multiple entries.
Read our 5 top tips for submitting correctly
When using the multiple add template or multiple amend template, make sure you:
- Save your upload as a CSV UTF-8 file. Once converted to CSV UTF-8, do not make further changes to it. If changes are required, update your original Excel file (.xlsx) and then convert it back to CSV UTF-8.
- Provide a role start date and FRN for each certified and assessed person.
- Use the drop-down values in the template and don’t ignore cell formatting. Pay particular attention to dates, ensuring Excel recognises them as dates rather than ‘general’ or ‘text’ (see the number format box in Excel).
- Avoid using commas and special characters in the template, and avoid leaving blank spaces in the national insurance field.
- Use the latest version of the templates.
More information for your submission
Certified and assessed persons consist of:
- all certified staff (those holding a certification function under the SM&CR)
- directors who are not performing Senior Manager Functions (SMFs) – both executive and non-executive
- other individuals who are sole traders or ARs (including those within ARs) where they are undertaking business with clients and require a qualification to do so
Certified and assessed persons information to be published on the Financial Services Register includes:
- name and any previous names
- roles with start and end dates
- activities undertaken
Customer-facing roles requiring a qualification must include:
- customer engagement methods
- workplace location (where relevant)
- memberships of professional bodies
How we’ll make your data public
As part of the SM&CR, the information on the directory of certified and assessed persons will be publicly available when it is hosted on the FS Register later this year.
If you need more help
Our Questions and Answers cover a range of topics such as reporting, the submission process and use of data.
If you have general questions about the directory persons, either call us on 0300 500 0597 from the UK, on +44 207 066 1000 from abroad, or email us.