Find out how to apply for authorisation to carry on regulated consumer credit activities.
If your firm wants to start offering consumer credit you can apply for authorisation using Connect.
When you apply for authorisation you should use our application guidance notes, which show how to use Connect:
- Limited permission application guidance notes (consumer credit)
- Full permission application guidance notes (consumer credit)
We also have sample forms – these are examples only and will not be accepted as an application:
- Limited permission application sample form (consumer credit)
- Full permission application sample form (consumer credit)
Forms for additional applications
There are circumstances where you have to submit a form as well as, or instead of, applying for authorisation using Connect.
This includes where a firm wants to apply to carry out consumer credit and (non-consumer credit) financial services activities. It then has to submit an authorisation application for financial services and this form:
A sole trader, which is an individual who carries out regulated business in their own name without involving an incorporated firm (such as a private limited company), will also have to complete an appendix and should use these guidance notes:
- Sole trader appendix guidance notes (consumer credit)
Where a firm needs to validate an agreement it entered before it had the appropriate permissions, to ensure the terms are legally enforceable, it should complete a validation order form: