Our research agenda sets out the broad areas of research most relevant to our Mission. We combine economics, statistics, behavioural science, and market data and intelligence together with newer techniques in machine learning and artificial intelligence to understand how markets work, and how we can make them work better.
It is an ambitious and complex agenda, reflecting our commitment to be a forward-looking regulator. We welcome external contributions and hope to expand our network of collaborators from a range of disciplines.
Core research themes and priority areas
Our research interests fall across 5 broad and complementary themes:
- household finance and consumer behaviour
- securities markets: microstructure, integrity and stability
- competition, innovation, and firm behaviour and culture
- technology, big data, and artificial intelligence
- regulatory efficiency and effectiveness
We give a brief overview of each theme and discuss examples of our priority topics.
We will be organising research conferences and seminars on some of the themes discussed in this document, as well as partnering with academics on relevant scientific projects. Contact [email protected] for further information.