Our Annual Report and Accounts shows how our work over the last year has met our objectives and delivered the key priorities in our Business Plan 2018/19.
- Annual Competition Report 2018/19 (PDF)
- Annual Diversity Report 2018/19 (PDF)
- Annual Anti-money Laundering Report 2018/19 (PDF)
- Enforcement annual performance account 2018/19 (PDF)
- Adroddiad a Chyfrifon Blynyddol 2018/19 (PDF)
In line with Our Mission, this report explains both the direct and indirect impact our work has had on consumer protection, market integrity and competition in the firms and markets we regulate.
It covers a wide range of our activities including:
- EU Withdrawal - assisting the Government on a range of issues and planning for all scenarios to ensure as much continuity as possible for customers and firms operating in the UK, even in the event of a no-deal exit from the EU.
- Firms’ culture and governance - we want firms and individuals to create and maintain cultures that reduce the potential for harm. The SM&CR is integral to this and directly targets the culture of firms, aiming to improve conduct across the industry by setting basic standards for everyone working in financial services and bringing clarity to who is accountable for what.
- Financial crime (fraud & scams) and anti-money laundering (AML) – we continue to strive to make the UK’s financial sector a tough target for criminals by ensuring that financial firms establish and maintain robust systems and controls and by closely aligning our activity with the Government’s overall agenda on tackling economic crime.