These credit rating agencies (CRAs) have applied or have stated that it is their intention to apply to offer CRA services in the UK at the end of the transition period.
Update: 31 January 2020
The UK has left the EU. It has now entered a transition period which is due to operate until 31 December 2020.
During this time EU law will continue to apply in the UK. The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) will continue to operate as the direct supervisor of UK CRAs. UK firms using credit ratings for regulatory purposes can continue to use EU ratings over the course of the transition period in accordance with the existing rules.
- A.M. Best Europe, Rating Services Limited
- ARC Ratings
- DBRS Ratings Limited
- Egan-Jones Ratings Company
- Fitch Ratings (CIS) Limited
- Fitch Ratings Limited
- HR Ratings de Mexico
- Kroll Bond Rating Agency Inc
- Kroll Bond Rating Agency UK Limited
- Japan Credit Rating Agency
- Moody’s Investors Service Limited
- S&P Global Ratings UK Limited
- Scope Ratings UK Limited
- The Economist Intelligence Unit Limited
This list will be updated as necessary, and does not supersede the Financial Services Register. The Register will be updated at the end of the transition period.