See the 5 steps to becoming an appointed representative (AR).
To become an appointed representative you need to:
- decide which regulated activities you want to run and find a principal who is in that type of business
- decide whether you want to be an AR or an introducer appointed representative (IAR)
- think about how many principals you want – this will depend on the type of business you run and the type of customers you have
- find out what contracts you need to have in place
- your principal(s) must tell us of your appointment so we can put this information on our register
Specific regulatory requirements
If your query is about the activities you carry out for your principal, you should first speak to them – if not, you can contact us.