Report a scam to us

Find out how to report a scam, unauthorised firm or individual to us.

We can only look into scams that involve financial services that we regulate at the FCA. Find out what these may include and how to get in touch.

What you can report to us

If you think you have been contacted by an unauthorised firm or individual trying to scam you about:

Or, if you have any suspicions about the promotion of a financial investment, or a financial service you have paid for, you should report it to us.

If the firm or person you want to report is authorised or registered with the FCA, then please get in touch using our regular contact details. Check the Financial Services Register to find out if a firm is authorised.

Scams we can’t help with

  • driving licence scams
  • TV licence scams
  • HMRC and tax scams
  • competition or lottery scams
  • eBay/Gumtree/Amazon merchant scams (for example, the seller not delivering goods)

If you have been contacted about one of these scams.

  • contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or online via their website. If you live in Scotland, you should report to Police Scotland by calling 101 or contact Advice Direct Scotland on 0808 164 6000
  • get in touch with the relevant organisation or regulator
  • if you have given out any of your personal information, or have already made a payment, contact your bank immediately using the contact details on the FS Register

How to report a scam to us

Call us

  • 0800 111 6768 (freephone)
  • 0300 500 8082 from the UK
  • +44 207 066 1000 from abroad

Calls using next generation text relay, please call us on (18001) 0207 066 1000. 

We are open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm and Saturday 9am to 1pm.

Email us

Contact our team via email at: [email protected]

Please tell us as much as you can about the scam and the unauthorised firm or individual who contacted you.

Fill in our form

To tell us about an unauthorised firm or individual, you can fill in our reporting form.

Please remember, this form is only for reporting unauthorised firms or individuals. If the firm or person you want to report is authorised or registered with the FCA, then please get in touch using our regular contact details.

We do not provide specific feedback or a response on the forms that you submit. 

Page updates

01/10/2020: Editorial amendment 'Register' changed to 'FS Register'