We publish a feedback statement following our Discussion Paper on a duty of care and potential alternative approaches.
In this feedback statement, we set out:
- the range and complexity of the responses we received
- the options for change that we think are, alone or in combination, most likely to deliver a higher degree of consumer protection, and which will be our primary areas of focus
Who this applies to
The feedback statement will be of interest to:
- consumer groups and individual consumers
- industry groups / trade bodies
- regulated firms
- policy-makers and regulatory bodies
- industry experts and commentators
- academics and think tanks
Since publishing this feedback statement, we have consulted on introducing a new Consumer Duty.
We published a Policy Statement (PS22/9) confirming our final rules on 27 July 2022 for a new Consumer Duty.
23/04/2019: Document added FS19/2 published and page updated