We are publishing a Call for Input to expand and deepen the discussions on whether a cross-sectoral sandbox or similar mechanism is needed to ensure a consistent and efficient approach to emerging technologies.
We received support from the Regulators' Pioneer Fund (a fund launched by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and administered by Innovate UK) to explore the need for a cross-sector regulatory sandbox. This would be a single-point-of-entry sandbox for firms to test innovative propositions with multiple UK regulators, in a controlled environment.
Who this applies to
Given the cross-sectorial nature of this proposal, this Call for Input will be of interest to a very wide range of firms, regulators and consumers, including:
- FCA regulated firms that (intend to) use emerging technologies to facilitate business models spanning at least one other regulator
- Any firms that are subject to a UK regulatory authority and consider diversifying their business model into the financial services sector
- Governmental bodies, policy makers and Think Tanks
- Regulators and other authoritative bodies
- Consumers and consumer organisations
This consultation has now closed.