The regulatory framework for UK DRSPs is set out in the following sources.
- The Data Reporting Services Regulations 2017/699 (link is external) that transpose Title V of MiFID II.
- MAR 9 of the Handbook.
- Regulatory technical standards on the authorisation, organisational requirements and the publication of transactions for data reporting services providers, the 'RTS'.
- Technical standards for the standard forms, templates and procedures for the authorisation of data reporting services providers and related notifications.
- Provisions of MiFIR with relevance to DRSPs, articles 17, 20, 21, 22 and 31 MiFIR.
- Regulatory technical standards on the volume cap mechanism and the provision of information for the purposes of transparency and other calculations.
- MiFID Organisational Regulation - organisational requirements and operating conditions for investment firms and defined terms for the purposes of that Directive.
- MiFIR Delegated Regulation - definitions, transparency, portfolio compression and supervisory measures on product intervention and positions.