Cancelling a temporary permission

Find out how to cancel a temporary permission if your firm is in the temporary permissions regime (TPR) or the supervised run-off (SRO) regime.

Firms that previously passported into the UK under Schedule 3 or Schedule 4 to FSMA

Firms in the TPR and SRO that no longer have business which requires them to have UK permission can apply to us to cancel their temporary/limited permission and leave UK regulation.

However, cancelling a permission will vary depending on the facts that apply to your firm. Before beginning the process, your firm may wish to seek independent legal advice on its need to be authorised in the UK.

This page explains what your firm should do depending on its circumstances.