We want feedback on our proposal to introduce 3 new product sales data returns into our Supervision manual.
Why we are consulting
We’re proposing to introduce 3 new product sales data (PSD) returns into Chapter 16 of the Supervision manual (SUP 16). These returns will allow us to collect further data about the consumer credit market from providers of consumer credit lending products.
Who this is for
- Firms that engage in consumer credit lending.
- Firms that advise, represent or provide software to support compliance with regulatory reporting for any of the above firms.
We’re seeking feedback on these proposals by 15 November 2023.
Please submit your comments, including any feedback, using our online response form or by email.
Or you can write to us at: Consumer Finance Data Team, Financial Conduct Authority, 12 Endeavour Square, London E20 1JN.
After the consultation, we’ll consider your feedback and aim to publish a final Policy Statement, including our response to the feedback, in Q1/2024.
We use a wide range of data, information, and intelligence from a number of sources to help us identify and assess risks in financial markets.
The proposed PSD returns will help us understand how firms operate, allowing us to gain further insight into the market so that we can make quicker, bolder decisions. They will also help us to:
- develop and deliver supervisory strategies across the consumer credit market
- shape the development of our policy-making agenda and the delivery of rules in support of our objectives
- provide a clearer view of the market to inform Authorisations and the review of applications
We want to ensure a balance between getting enough data to help us monitor the market effectively, while not placing an unreasonable burden on firms.
Following some initial engagement with industry we have created an Excel version of the data elements found in Appendix 1 of the consultation in order to aid the review of the proposed data. We have also created data flow diagrams as a visual representation to the proposals set out in the consultation, which can be found at the top of the page.