This page is only for regulated payment institutions (PIs) which have not been re-authorised or re-registered under PSD2. If your firm is re-authorised or re-registered under PSD2, find out how to apply for a change in control for PIs.
Register any change in qualifying holdings of your authorised or small payment institution with the FCA
A qualifying holding is a person or firm with a direct or indirect holding that either:
- represents 10% or more of the capital or voting rights, or
- which makes it possible to exercise a significant influence over the management of that undertaking
A change in qualifying holding happens when a person or firm:
- acquires a qualifying holding
- reduces their holding so that they no longer have a qualifying holding
Tell us about the change
You must notify us if there’s a change in a qualifying holding. Complete the relevant form according to who’s involved.
Fill in a:
- change in qualifying holding individual form if the change involves an individual
- change in qualifying holding corporate form if the change involves an incorporated company
- change in qualifying holding partnership form if the change involves a partnership
- change in qualifying holding trust form if the change involves a trust
How you notify us
Acquiring a qualifying holding
Send a completed form by email to [email protected]
or post to:
Change in Control Team
Financial Conduct Authority
25 The North Colonnade
London E14 5HS
Reducing a qualifying holding
There are no notification forms to complete. Email us at [email protected] stating the name of the controller, and the person’s level of control before and after the change in qualifying holding.
When to notify us
You should notify us 28 days before a change in qualifying holdings takes place.
If you need to notify us in fewer than 28 days, contact us.
If you don’t notify us 28 days before a change in qualifying holdings takes place, you can be fined.
Read Chapter 4 of Payment Services and Electronic Money – Our Approach.