We have a unique convening power to shape the direction of innovation, both in technology and where wider issues persist in the market. A key element of our innovation toolkit that's enabled us to achieve this is the TechSprint.
TechSprints are events that bring together participants from across and outside of financial services to develop technology-based ideas or proof of concepts to address specific industry challenges. These events help us to shine a light on issues and expand the discussion and awareness of potential solutions.
Sustainability TechSprint – October 2021
From 18 to 21 October 2021, we held a Sustainability TechSprint aimed at promoting new solutions and proof of concepts to some of the challenges faced by regulators in the area of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) data and disclosure.
Evolution of TechSprints
On 3 March 2020, we published research exploring the lessons we've learned from hosting 7 TechSprints across a range of subjects. As part of our commitment to foster innovative and collaborative global financial markets, we want to share our experience and support other organisations in their efforts to address key industry problems.
Since 2016, we’ve hosted the following TechSprints. Read about our previous events:
- Consumer access, April 2016
- Unlocking regulatory reporting, November 2016
- Financial services and mental health, March 2017
- Model driven machine executable regulatory reporting, November 2017
- Anti-money laundering and financial crime, May 2018
- Pensions, November 2018
- Anti-money laundering and financial crime, July-August 2019
- Women's Economic Empowerment, March 2021
- Sustainability TechSprint 2021, October 2021
03/03/2020: Information added Publication of 'Fostering innovation through collaboration' research paper