In this QCP we propose to:
- add four new qualifications to the appropriate qualifications list in the Training and Competence sourcebook (TC) and amend the details of three existing qualifications;
- make minor amendments to the rules on platform charges and draft rule and guidance clarifying the treatment of legacy business in relation to cash rebates from providers to consumers;
- clarify rules on reporting suspicious transactions;
- amend the Prospectus Rules (PR) to clarify timing and method of filing a prospectus with FCA;
- set out the FCA’s approach to using its enforcement powers under the Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012 (Referral Fees) Regulations 2013;
- make various minor amendments to reporting mechanisms;
- make changes to chapter 9 of the Supervision manual (SUP) to reflect our decision to discontinue the Listing Authority Review Committee;
- clarify the application of inflation-adjusted projections to in-force pensions business;
- incorporate the ESMA Guidelines on exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and other Undertakings for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities (UCITS) issues into COLL;
- implement the changes made by Treasury to reflect and make firms aware of the FCA’s powers set out in further domestic legislation regarding the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR);
- remove the legacy concept of designated investment exchanges (DIEs) from non-prudential Handbook modules;
- defer the date that rules around the provision of fund information to investors through nominees come into force;
- provide guidance on the AIFM Remuneration Code (SYSC 19B) arising from the issuance of the ESMA guidelines on sound remuneration policies under the AIFMD;
- make minor consequential amendments to the FCA Handbook arising from the implementation of AIFMD; and
- implement CRD IV for investment firms – Consequential changes to the Handbook.
Who is this consultation paper (CP) aimed at?
This will be relevant to you if your firm has an interest in any of the subjects mentioned above.
What are the next steps?
We want to know what you think of our proposals. Comments on Chapters 2, 5, 6, part of 7, 13 and 16 should reach us by 6 October 2013 and comments on all other chapters by 6 November 2013.
Please use this response form for feedback. If you would rather respond by email or letter, please send your comments to the person named at the front of the QCP.
Want to find out more?
For more information:
- view the FCA Handbook