Our Annual Report and Accounts shows how our work over the last year has met our objectives and delivered against the key priorities we set out in our Business Plan 2016/17.
- Annual Competition Report 2016/17 (PDF)
- Annual Diversity Report 2016/17 (PDF)
- Annual Anti-money Laundering Report 2016/17 (PDF)
- Enforcement annual performance account 2016/17 (PDF)
The report demonstrates how we have targeted our resources to deliver the best results for consumers, firms and markets.
It provides an overview of the significant interventions and pieces of work that we have undertaken in the past year, including:
- the development of our Mission – the framework for the strategic decisions we take, the reasoning behind our work and the way we choose tools to do it
- new rules in preparation for the implementation of the second Markets and Financial Instruments Directive
- use of our market abuse and enforcement powers in our supervision of firms to improve market integrity and investor protection
- our continued work to promote competition in the interests of consumers, with the interim findings of our Asset Management Market Study showing weak competition in a number of areas
- our announcement of a time-limit on payment protection insurance (PPI) claims
- the roll out of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime to banking and insurance, helping to embed good conduct at the core of the UK’s financial sector
- publication of our joint report with the Treasury on the Financial Advice Market Review
- ongoing work to help customers who are in persistent debt due to mortgage payment shortfalls, high-cost credit products and payment arrears for unsecured lending
- the introduction of our final rules on capping early exit pension charges
We will discuss our Annual Report and Accounts at our Annual public meeting on 18 July 2017 in London. The event will be livestreamed.