Higashi and Partners

We believe this firm has been providing financial services or products in the UK without our authorisation. Find out why to be especially wary of dealing with this unauthorised individual and how to protect yourself from scammers.

Almost all firms and individuals offering, promoting or selling financial services or products in the UK have to be authorised by us.

However, some firms act without our authorisation and some knowingly run scams like share fraud

This firm is not authorised by us but has been targeting people in the UK:

Higashi and Partners

Address: 5th Floor Tanaka Tamuramachi Building, 12-15 Shinbashi 2-Chrome, Chiyoda-Ku, Tokyo, 1050004, Japan

Telephone: +813 4520 9467

Fax: +813 6800 5394

Website: www.higashipartners.com

Email: [email protected]  

Higashi and Partners are instructing consumers to a company we believe to be a fake authority in order to make the scam appear legitimate:

Name: Foreign Bond Equity and Acquisition Authority (FBEAA)

Address: 5th Floor, Ryumeikan Building, 3-20 Kanaa Ogawa Mach, Chiyoda Ku, Tokyo, 1010052, Japan

Telephone: +813 4520 9467

Fax: +813 4577 7684

Website: www.fbeaa-gov.org

Email: [email protected]  

How to protect yourself

We strongly advise you to only deal with financial firms that are authorised by us, and check the Financial Services Register to ensure they are. It has information on firms and individuals that are, or have been, regulated by us.

If a firm does not appear on the Register but claims it does, contact our Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768.

There are more steps you should take to protect yourself from unauthorised firms.

You should also be aware that if you give money to an unauthorised firm, you will not be covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service or Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) if things go wrong.

Report an unauthorised firm

If you think you have been approached by an unauthorised firm or contacted about a scam, you should contact our Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768. If you were offered, bought or sold shares, you can use our share fraud reporting form.

You can see more ways to report an unauthorised firm and find out what to do if you have been scammed.