We have jointly developed this guide with The Pensions Regulator to provide an overview of how workplace defined contribution (DC) pensions are regulated to protect the interests of consumers.
Why are we publishing this guide?
We are publishing this guide to:
- clarify the regulatory focus and approach of each regulator, how they interact and how they manage any overlaps in regulatory structure and shared risks
- demonstrate the common elements in our approaches
- address potential concerns that the differences in how trust-based and contract-based DC pension schemes are regulated could adversely affect member outcomes
Who should read this guide?
This guide is particularly aimed at market participants such as trustees, advisers and pension providers.
Need more information?
- Find out more about being regulated
- Read our Principles for Business
- Further information on The Pensions Regulator’s compliance and enforcement policies for DC pension schemes