The FCA would like to draw the industry’s attention to the announcements made on 18 May 2020, by the following national competent authorities of the expiration of the restrictions on short selling and similar transactions:
- Finanzmarktaufsicht (FMA) of Austria
- Financial Securities and Markets Authority (FSMA) of Belgium
- Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) of France
- Hellenic Capital Market Commission (HCMC) of Greece
- Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores (CNMV) of Spain
The FCA also notes the announcement on 18 May 2020, by the Commissione Nazionale per le Società e la Borsa (CONSOB) of Italy of the early termination of the restrictions that were due to expire on 18 June 2020.
The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has coordinated the recent emergency restrictions renewals and has contributed to this aligned action yesterday.