Distributors: professional indemnity insurance

Certain firms are required to hold Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII).

This can provide them with extra financial resource to help pay justified claims for which they are liable and help prevent insolvency and excessive claims on the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).

Firms can find PII distributors in many ways including via online search, insurance industry and financial services trade associations, or by approaching specialist brokers and insurers directly. 

See more information about our requirements and getting cover. We encourage firms to check the status/details of the firm with whom they are dealing, whether the distributor or whoever is potentially providing the PII policy.

Page updates

11/09/2020: Information changed general information about PII distributors