Find out about money laundering registration, including when to register, de-register or tell us about a change.
On this page
When to register
The money laundering regulations make us responsible for supervising the anti-money laundering controls of businesses that offer certain services.
If you provide any of the services below, you'll need to register with us as an Annex 1 financial institution using our Connect system:
- lending including, among others, consumer credit, credit agreements relating to immoveable property, factoring with or without recourse, and financing of commercial transactions (including forfeiting)
- if you're a consumer credit lender, you must be authorised by us so you don't need to separately register with us as well
- financial leasing
- providing payment services
- issuing and administering other means of payment
- offering guarantees and commitments
- trading for own account or for account customers in any of the following:
- money market instruments
- foreign exchange
- financial futures and options
- exchange and interest-rate instruments or
- transferable securities
- safe custody services
- money broking
- portfolio management advice
- safekeeping and administration of securities
- participation in securities issues and providing services related to these issues (this will include registrars)
- advice to undertakings on capital structure, industrial strategy and related questions and advice and services relating to mergers and the purchase of undertakings
If your business no longer carries out any of the activities above, please complete a de-registration form.
Telling us about changes
If your business changes its core details (for example, it begins to offer another service that is in the list above, or it changes its address), please complete the notification to amend firms details for an Annex 1 financial institution.
Special purpose vehicles
If your firm is a special purpose vehicle that's involved in lending, you only need to register with us as an Annex 1 financial institution if you're the original lender.
If only the legal or beneficial interest in loans are transferred to your firm, you don't need to register with us.