Find out how to calculate your annual fee and read about the FSCS annual levy.
Visit our online fee calculator to work out the regulatory fees and levies you will need to pay.
What fees you can calculate
You can calculate fees and other charges (levies) as they apply to your firm.
Fees you can calculate are those for the:
Levies you can calculate are those for the:
- Financial Services Compensation Scheme
- Financial Ombudsman Service (general levy)
- Money and Pensions Service (Financial Guidance levies)
- Financial Reporting Council
- Illegal Money Lending Levy
You can calculate fees for the current year or previous years.
The fee calculator is a tool for you to estimate and compare your fees. You should always pay the exact amount shown on your regulatory fees and levies invoice.
What fee-blocks the calculator uses
The fee calculator includes most authorised ‘A’ fee-blocks and consumer credit fee-blocks.
The fee calculator does not include these fees:
- Special Project Fees (SPF) such as Solvency II
- Money Laundering Directive (MLD)
- non-‘A’ fee-blocks, such as Collective Investment Schemes (CIS)
- certain flat fees, such as for Small Payment Institutions
- any interim levies raised by FSCS
Calculate fees for previous years
The Fee Calculator includes rates for all fee years going back to 2015/16.
If you require calculations for earlier years, including FSCS interim levies, please email details of your request to [email protected] and we will provide these.
Get the most out of the calculator
Using the calculator will mean you can:
- budget for the next year's regulatory fees and levies
- compare fees and levies for previous years
- assess the costs of regulation before you apply to be authorised
- assess the continuing costs of increasing activities before applying for a variation of permission
- assess the impact that a change in business (an increase or decrease in tariff data) will have on your fees and levies
You can view or print detailed breakdowns, the costs of regulation and of consumer protection by:
- answering a few simple questions
- selecting fee blocks, classes and industry blocks
- entering the corresponding tariff data