Find out more about the sectors that the FCA regulates, including key facts and figures.
The FCA is the conduct regulator for 56,000 financial services firms and financial markets in the UK, and the prudential regulator for over 18,000 of those firms.
We are responsible for regulating sectors that play a critical role in the lives of everyone in the UK and without which the modern economy could not function.
The sectors we are interested in cover:
- regulating standards of conduct in retail and certain wholesale markets
- supervising trading infrastructures that support those markets
- the prudential regulation of firms not regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority
- the functions of the UK Listing Authority
See our sector overviews for facts and figures:
- general insurance and protection: overview
- investment management: overview
- pensions and retirement income: overview
- retail banking sector: overview
- retail investments: overview
- retail lending sector: overview
- wholesale financial markets: overview
The context of our work