We are consulting on the following changes that we are proposing to make to the Knowledge Base.
This guidance is likely to be of most relevance to issuers of transferable securities and their advisers, investors and other persons who interact with the UK Listing Authority.
Background to this consultation
The Knowledge Base is the UKLA’s repository of non-handbook commentary that has the status of formal FCA guidance. It consists of a series of short procedural and technical notes published in PDF form and ordered by topic. The notes relate to aspects of the Listing Rules, Prospectus Rules and Disclosure and Transparency Rules.
Summary of our proposals
We are consulting on the following changes that we are proposing to make to the Knowledge Base:
The amendment of eleven existing technical notes:
- Share buy-backs with mix and match facilities (UKLA/TN/202.2)
- Compliance with the Listing Principles and Premium Listing Principles (UKLA/TN/203.3)
- Reverse takeovers (UKLA/TN/306.3)
- Preliminary statement of annual results (UKLA/TN/502.2)
- Periodic financial information and inside information (UKLA/TN/506.2)
- Delaying disclosure/dealing with leaks and rumours (UKLA/TN/520.2)
- Assessing and handling inside information (UKLA/TN/521.3)
- Disclosure of ‘lock-up’ agreements (UKLA/TN/522.2)
- Significant change statements (UKLA/TN/628.2)
- The sponsor’s role on working capital confirmations (UKLA/TN/704.3)
- Sponsors: Guidance on the competence requirements set out under LR 8.6.7R(2)(b) (UKLA/TN/714.2)
The deletion of three existing technical notes:
- Share buy-back programmes (UKLA/TN/201.1)
- Close periods (UKLA/TN/505.1)
- Transactions by persons discharging managerial responsibilities and their connected persons (UKLA/TN/540.2)
We summarise our proposals in Primary Market Bulletin No. 16.
Cost benefit analysis
A cost benefit analysis is not included in this consultation.
We want to hear what you think
Please send your comments on our proposals by email to [email protected]. Alternatively, send them by post to:
Financial Conduct Authority
25 The North Colonnade
London E14 5HS
Please send us your comments by 10 August 2016.