Our Annual Report shows how our work over the last year has met our objectives and delivered against the key priorities we set out in our Business Plan 2015/16.
It shows how we have targeted our resources to deliver the best results for consumers, firms and markets against a challenging external environment.
The Annual Report provides an overview of our work:
- implementing the Senior Managers and Certification Regime, which seeks to deliver a step change in individual accountability
- influencing policy and technical standards internationally through bodies such as the European Securities and Markets Authority, the International Organization of Securities Commissions and the Financial Stability Board
- making significant progress on major initiatives such as the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive and the Market Abuse Regulation
- working closely with stakeholders through the Debt Market Forum, Project Innovate and the Financial Advice Market Review
- taking tough action on past transgressions, issuing penalties totalling £884.6m
- successfully integrating over 25,000 firms into our regulatory regime after taking over regulation of consumer credit in April 2014; we now regulate over 56,000 firms and 125,000 approved persons
For the first time we are publishing a separate Competition Report. This summarises the activities we’ve undertaken to promote competition in the first three years of the FCA, and provides further insight into competition in selected markets.
And our additional reports:
- Diversity Annual Report 2015/16
- Anti-money laundering annual report 2015/16
- Enforcement annual performance account 2015/16
We will discuss our Annual Report and Competition Report at our Annual Public Meeting on 19 July 2016.