Once a quarter, we consult on proposed miscellaneous amendments to our Handbook. These tend to be minor changes but we still want to get your feedback on our proposals.
What we are consulting on this quarter
In this paper we propose changes to:
- disapply some Handbook rules to authorised professional firms who carry out non-mainstream regulated activities
- the appointed representatives appointment form
- the COBS rules for insurance distribution
- FEES 4.2 relating to the tariff data used to calculate fees for newly authorised firms
- FEES 4.4, FEES 4 Annex 1AR and FEES 5.4 relating to the tariff data (measure of size of firms within a fee-block) we will use to calculate insurers’ periodic fees and levies from 2018/19
- BCOBS 7 as a result of detailed technical discussions with firms preparing to implement the requirements, which have identified that certain rules do not achieve the outcome set out in PS17/26
- DEPP and EG following the transfer of the Northern Ireland mutual societies registration function to the FCA
- DEPP and EG following the implementation of the MMF Regulation and amendments to EuSEF and EuVECA Regulations
Who this applies to
This will be relevant if you or your firm has any interest in the subjects mentioned above.
What you need to do
We want to know what you think of our proposals. Comments should reach us by 30 June 2018 for Chapters 2, 4, 5 and 6; and 31 July 2018 for Chapter 3.
For more information please view the FCA Handbook.