Montana Leon LP

We believe that Montana Leon LP, an English limited partnership, is a collective investment scheme offering a share in a lease of a gold mine that has been set up in breach of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA).

We understand that those who run Montana Leon LP act on behalf of unauthorised companies - Continental Mining Opportunities S.A. and Montana Leon S.A.

We also understand that the people responsible for running Montana Leon LP are in the process of moving the operation to a new non-UK limited partnership based in Panama.

The proposed move does not have the FCA’s endorsement and, further, the FCA considers that communications with consumers, including current limited partners, about this new limited partnership are very likely to be made in breach of FSMA.

Collective investment schemes can be a risky investment so only authorised firms and individuals can operate them. This is to protect consumers’ interests if a scheme goes wrong. If you invest with a firm that is not authorised by us, you will not have access to the Financial Ombudsman Service or Financial Services Compensation Scheme if anything were to go wrong.

What to do next

If you have invested with Montana Leon LP or have been approached by Montana Leon LP or a company acting on its behalf you can report it to the FCA using our online form or by phoning our Consumer Contact Centre on 0800 111 6768.

Montana Leon LP

Address: Montana Leon LP
Rex House 4th Floor
4-12 Regents Street
SW1 4RG  

How to protect yourself

We strongly advise you to only deal with financial firms that are authorised by us, and check the Financial Services Register to ensure they are. It has information on firms and individuals that are, or have been, regulated by us.

If a firm does not appear on the Register but claims it does, contact our Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768.

There are more steps you should take to protect yourself from unauthorised firms.

You should also be aware that if you give money to an unauthorised firm, you will not be covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service or Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) if things go wrong.

Report an unauthorised firm

If you think you have been approached by an unauthorised firm or contacted about a scam, you should contact our Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768. If you were offered, bought or sold shares, you can use our share fraud reporting form.

You can see more ways to report an unauthorised firm and find out what to do if you have been scammed.