The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has appointed Quilter CEO Paul Feeney as the Chair of its independent Practitioner Panel.
Paul will take up the post from 1 January 2021, succeeding Tulsi Naidu, CEO of Zurich UK. He has been a member of the Panel since 2015.
Welcoming the appointment, the FCA’s Chair Charles Randell said:
'Paul has served on the Panel for a number of years and appreciates the important role the Panel plays in ensuring our regulation is targeted and effective. As we approach the end of the Brexit transition period and tackle the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, the robust and constructive challenge of the Panel will continue to be a critical part of our governance. I know Paul will continue the excellent work of his predecessor and I look forward to working with him in the years ahead.
'I would like to thank Tulsi for her contribution as both a member and Chair, and especially for quickly adapting the Panel’s working practices in the early days of the pandemic, allowing it to provide timely input into the FCA’s work.'
Paul Feeney, Chief Executive of Quilter plc, said:
'At a moment in time when the industry and the regulator face unprecedented challenges it is especially important that the FCA can call on the expertise of senior industry practitioners. I look forward to working together with my colleagues on the Panel and drawing on their broad experience across a range of sectors to help the FCA build public confidence in, and engagement with, financial services.'
The Practitioner Panel provides the FCA with external and independent input from the point of view of the industry as a whole.
Notes to editors
- The FCA Practitioner Panels are part of the regulatory system that the FCA set up to make and maintain effective arrangements for consulting practitioners on the extent to which its general policies and practices are consistent with its general duties, as set out in the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (as amended).
- Appointments of the Chairs of the Statutory Panels are agreed by the FCA Board and approved by HM Treasury.
- Paul Feeney was appointed as Chief Executive Officer of Quilter plc (previously Old Mutual Wealth) in August 2012. Paul was Chief Executive Officer of Asset Management, Long Term Savings after joining Old Mutual in January 2012. Prior to this, he held various positions in both asset management and wealth management including Global Head of Distribution at BNY Mellon Asset Management International, Group Managing Director for Gartmore Investment Management, Chief Executive of NatWest Private Bank and of NatWest Investments USA.
- Tulsi Naidu is Chief Executive Officer of Zurich UK and is a member of the ABI Board and the CBI President’s Council. Prior to joining Zurich, Tulsi spent 14 years at Prudential UK and Europe as an Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer.
- Find out more about the FCA Practitioner Panels.
- Find out more information about the FCA.