Find out about the MiFID II conference we held with nearly 500 registered attendees, watch video highlights of the event and read some of the key speeches.
We held a conference on 18 September 2014 that focused on MiFID II (Markets in Financial Instruments Directive) and outlined some of the changes in the EU directive that we expect will impact investments firms.
The conference was also an opportunity for us to discuss MiFID II with firms, understand the challenges they are facing or are likely to face, and talk about some of the remaining Level 2 policy questions detail in the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) consultation.
The new measures in MiFID II will be implemented on 3 January 2017 and will affect trading venues, investment firms and investors.
David Lawton, our director of markets, and Maggie Craig, our acting head of savings and investments, talked about the main changes and considerations for firms.
The conference included a number of presentations and panel sessions, bringing together our experts, representatives from ESMA, regulated firms and trade associations.
You can see some of the key sessions from the conference:
- David Lawton’s speech: The future of European trading in the balance
- Maggie Craig’s speech: Investor protection in the UK: New tools, new challenges
- Watch the breakout session on the implementation of COBS
- Watch the breakout session on best execution
- Read the slides used during the commodities, third countries and best execution breakout sessions