Passporting is no longer available except for firms that wish to passport between the UK and Gibraltar until 31 December 2024. Find out more.
On this page
The Brexit transition period has ended and the passporting regime is no longer available unless your firm wishes to passport between the UK and Gibraltar.
This is a transitional arrangement until 31 December 2024. (Please note, this date may be extended to allow for the permanent arrangement of the Gibraltar Authorisation Regime.)
The information on this page is based on the Government of Gibraltar legislating to maintain the current level of access for UK financial services.
Apply for, change or cancel a passport
If you wish to passport into the UK, you’ll need to apply to the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission (GFSC) who will submit a notification to us.
Please use our online system Connect if you’re a UK firm wishing to either:
- passport into Gibraltar, or
- change or cancel an existing passport into Gibraltar
To apply for, change or cancel a passport under the legislation amended by the following UK regulations, please contact the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA):
- Capital Requirements (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2018
- Solvency II and Insurance (Amendment etc) (EU Exit) Regulations 2018
To notify us about changes or cancellations to an FCA passport, please use Connect.
We don't charge a fee for passport notifications.
For payments and e-money firms, we charge an annual fee of £3 per transaction for adding, amending or removing agent forms. This applies to:
- authorised payment institutions (APIs)
- authorised electronic money institutions (AEMIs)
- registered account information service providers (RAISPs)