We run events to help firms understand our expectations for the Consumer Duty. Find out about current events and watch our on-demand webinars.
Consumer Duty webinar: The next steps
The Consumer Duty came into force on 31 July 2023, setting a higher standard of consumer protection in financial services.
We are hosting a webinar on 6 December 2023 to help firms understand our expectations now the Duty is in force. This will focus on the following areas:
- Our supervision and enforcement approach
- Sector specific areas of focus
- Examples of good practice
- Next steps for firms
We will also take your questions during the live webinar. You will be able to submit questions when you register or during the event.
The webinar will be of interest to regulated firms, trade associations, professional bodies and compliance consultants. Registration is required.
The webinars have covered the following sectors and are available to watch on demand:
- Insurance (October 2022)
- Consumer investments, pensions and asset management (October 2022)
- Banking and payments (November 2022)
- Retail lending (November (2022)
- Credit Unions and CDFIs (March 2023)
- Payments and e-money (March 2023)
During the sessions, we focused on the following areas:
- Our expectations for firms under the Consumer Duty and key milestones during the implementation period
- What outcomes-based regulation means
- What the Consumer Duty means for each sector
- How the Duty applies proportionally
We also answered questions you submitted before and during the webinars.
The webinars will be of interest to regulated firms, trade associations, professional bodies and compliance consultants. If you’re not sure which webinar would be of most relevance to your sector, all the webinars cover some non-sector specific information.
Live & Local events
We hosted a series of Live & Local events across the UK between February and June 2023. Aimed at small and medium sized firms, the events focused on the retail investment and mortgage sectors.