Report an unauthorised firm - Financial Conduct Authority

Report an unauthorised firm

Last Modified: 12/09/2014
Find out how to report an unauthorised firm and what information can help us.

If you think you have been approached by an unauthorised financial services firm, or you have been dealing with one, you should contact our Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768.

We also have reporting forms that you can use to tell us about an unauthorised firm or broker involved in certain business areas, such as:

Please provide as much information as you can about what has happened, including about the firm or person involved, their contact details and ’firm reference number’ (FRN).

The more information we have, the better our chances of assessing whether we can intervene, such as where the firm is offering investment opportunities without our authorisation – or even blatantly running a scam.

We can also act where a firm or individual has been accepting investment money or deposits without our authorisation.

However, we can not resolve individual disputes you have with a firm or arrange compensation. If you are unhappy with a financial product or service you should find out how to complain.

You can also find out how to protect yourself from unauthorised firms.

Consumer Helpline

Telephone: 0800 111 6768

See more ways to contact us

Firms to avoid

Search our list of unauthorised firms to be wary of

Read More

UK banking brands

Check whether all of your savings are protected

Read More

Bank account rights

Find out your banking rights and how to use them

Read More