Firms - Financial Conduct Authority


We regulate over 56,000 firms – and for many of these we also consider whether they meet prudential standards.

Regulated firms have to follow our rules, that we set out in the FCA Handbook, and give us information and data so we can monitor their business.

We are also the securities regulator for one of the largest financial markets in Europe.

Website project update

Over the next few months we will be adding to the firms section, improving the navigation and the search function, highlighting particular areas of interest to our users. Find out more.


Check whether you need to be authorised

Being regulated

Find out about the key tasks for firms

Systems and reporting

Use our systems for applications and reporting


See what we do to make markets work well

Financial services products

Find out about our work in key product areas

Firm types

See information relevant to your firm

Search the Register


Check if a firm, individual or investment scheme is, or has been, regulated by us.

Read More

Connect applications


Most applications and notifications now need to be made on Connect.

Read More

GABRIEL reporting


Submit or validate regulatory data, notifications and other returns.

Read More