GC13/1 Proposed guidance on oversight of member controls carried out by recognised investment exchanges (RIEs) and multi-lateral trading facilities (MTFs)
Published: 23/04/2013 Last Modified: 23/04/2013
This proposed guidance relates to the following rule(s) in the FCA Handbook
- For RIEs, REC 2.6.27G and MTFs MAR 5.5.1R(1)
The full guidance: Proposed guidance on oversight of member controls carried out by recognised investment exchanges (RIEs) and multi-lateral trading facilities (MTFs)
This guidance is likely to be of most relevance to RIEs and MTFs.
Background to this consultation
Guidance is being issued following industry requesting clarification of FCA expectations.
Summary of the key issues
- Firms should maintain a pro-active approach to oversight of member controls
- Firms approach should be risk based and targeted at key members
- FCA will expect to see evidence of the approach taken
Cost benefit analysis
CBA is not included in this consultation.
We want your views
- Do you have any comments on the proposed guidance?
- Do you agree with the proposed guidance?
- And/or, if relevant, any specific question?
Please respond by: 21 May 2013 (4 weeks)
Please email your responses to:
Please also copy in: Robert Barnes
Or send your responses to:
The Financial Conduct Authority
25 The North Colonnade
London E14 5HS
Telephone: 020 7066 9324
Back to top >