Consumer helpline - Financial Conduct Authority

Consumer Helpline

Published: 20/06/2015     Last Modified: 07/10/2015
Consumer Helpline
Our helpline offers impartial information

You can call us on 0800 111 6768 (freephone) or 0300 500 8082 from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays) and 9am to 1pm, Saturday. From abroad you can call +44 20 7066 1000.

Our Typetalk number is 18001 0800 111 6768.

You can email us at, but if your query is urgent you should call us.

When you contact us to make enquiries, provide information or discuss a regulatory matter, we believe you should be listened to, understood and given an opportunity to explain your query.

We believe that you have the right to be treated with courtesy and respect by us, and we expect to be treated in the same way by you.

If you have particular communication needs - for example, if you have a disability, condition or illness - we will accommodate these where appropriate.

Where else to get help

As an independent regulator we do not recommend specific firms or products. The Money Advice Service has free, unbiased information to help you make the most of your money.

We do not investigate individual complaints. If you complain to a firm but are not happy with its response or decision, you may be able to complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Find out more about how to complain.

If you are owed money by a UK financial services firm that goes bust, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) may be able to help. See more on how to claim compensation.

How to report a scam

You can report a scam to us by contacting our Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768. If you have been offered, bought or sold shares you can also use our share fraud reporting form.

You should also report suspected fraud and internet crime to the police through Action Fraud, which you can contact on 0300 123 2040.

Find out more about what to do if you are scammed.

Our privacy policy

Find out about our privacy policy and how we will process any personal data we collect from you.

Contact us

Call us: 0800 111 6768

From abroad: +44 20 7066 1000

Typetalk: 18001 0800 111 6768


Got a quick question?

External links

Financial Ombudsman Service

Helps settle consumer complaints with financial services firms

Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)

Protects customers of authorised financial firms that go bust

Money Advice Service

Provides information and tools to help you manage your money