Complaints & compensation - Financial Conduct Authority

Complaints and compensation

Most of us use financial services firms without anything going wrong. But when there is a problem it helps to know the steps you can take to resolve it.

If you complain to a firm but are not happy with its response or decision, you may be able to complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Find out how to complain.

If you are owed money by a UK financial services firm that goes bust, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) may be able to help. Find out more on how to claim compensation.

How to claim compensation

Published: 03/07/2015     Last Modified: 24/02/2016

If you are owed money by a financial firm that goes bust you may be entitled to compensation. Find out how you can claim compensation.

How to complain

Last Modified: 24/02/2016

If you are unhappy with a financial product or service you can complain. Follow our four steps for making a complaint.

Firms based abroad

Published: 10/11/2015     Last Modified: 12/01/2016

Find out what protection you have if you have dealt with a firm based abroad.

Banking and saving

Published: 03/07/2015     Last Modified: 04/01/2016

Follow our five steps to making sure your money is covered if a bank, building society or credit union goes bust.

UK banking brands

Check whether all of your savings are protected

Read More

Claim mis-sold PPI

See how to reclaim payment protection insurance

Read More

Bank account rights

Find out your banking rights and how to use them

Read More