MiFID II wholesale firms conference 2015
Published: 30/10/2015 Last Modified: 11/11/2015
On 19 October we were joined by over 550 delegates from a wide range of investment firms, platforms, information providers and advisors. You can watch videos of every session, get news on the progress of MiFID II implementation, see the latest timeline and get an update on the authorisation process.
As part of our ongoing work to help firms with their implementation, this conference focused principally on the wholesale market aspects of the Directive and Regulation.
The aims of our conference were to:
- help wholesale investment firms understand the remaining steps in the legislative process in the EU and how domestic implementation will work
- explain and outline the key Level 2 provisions following the publication of ESMA's draft Technical Standards
- describe how we propose to work with market participants during the implementation process.
WATCH: David Lawton and David Geale introduce the conference (1m 29s)
Watch our conference session videos below - please note that the content is based on our best understanding of the legislation at the time of the conference, and does not constitute formal FCA guidance.
- MiFID II: The road ahead (26m 13s) – David Lawton, Director of Markets Policy and International, FCA. Read the transcript
- Investor protection under MiFID II (24m 25s) – David Geale, Director of Policy, FCA. Read the transcript
- Panel session: Implementing MiFID II across Europe (55m 47s)
- Nick Bayley (Chair), Senior Markets Adviser, FCA
- Edwin Schooling Latter, Head of Markets Policy, FCA
- Patrice Aguesse, Head of Market Regulation Division, Regulatory Policy and International Affairs Department, Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF)
- Johannes Reinschmidt, Senior Policy Officer, Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin)
- Richard Knox, Deputy Director, Securities & Markets, HM Treasury
- Carsten Ostermann, Team Leader, Secondary Markets, ESMA
- Trading venues (49m 19s) - RMs, MTFs, OTFs and SIs
- Post-trade (39m 37s) - access, indirect clearing and STP
- Microstructural issues (46m 54s)
- Best execution (32m 55s)
- Non-equity transparency (58m 15s)
- Transaction reporting (1h 2m)
- Conduct of business (45m 57s) - including retail and wholesale issues
- Commodities (1h 39s)
- Data publications (56m 52s)
Download our slides from the conference breakout sessions below:
See our updates on:
Sign up to receive regular emails about MiFID II.
Back to top >