Following the success of our first Live & Local regional programme in 2016/17, we are now launching our 2017/18 programme.
Having listened to delegate feedback we are changing the structure of this year’s programme. From July 2017, we will be travelling across the UK with a series of events for regulated firms. We will visit each region more than once during the programme to give firms more opportunity to attend a variety of events.
A regular schedule of events is aimed at retail investment and general insurance firms. We will also hold ad-hoc events for various sectors that our Chairman and members of our Executive Committee will attend, as well as additional events focusing on our business plan priorities. The first set of events will run from July to September.
For retail investment firms, we are offering the following events:
- Interactive workshops focusing on our recent Assessing Suitability Review.
- Q&A roundtables with a panel of FCA and industry representatives.
- One-to-one surgeries with supervisors.
Registration is now open for these events in July, August and September.
For general insurance firms, the programme will begin in the Autumn. Details for these events will be available shortly on the Live & Local webpage.
We are announcing a new set of event dates and locations every few months through our Live & Local web page, Regulation Round-up, LinkedIn and Twitter. You can also sign up to our Live & Local email updates to be alerted by email to upcoming events in your region.
What delegates have said about the Live & Local programme:
- "Essential if you are responsible for advice."
- "Keeps you in touch with thinking on key issues."
- "Open, clear and willing to answer all questions."
- "Very informative and good to assess against the firm."
- "Important information presented in accessible format."
- "Always useful to hear real life experiences from the FCA."