Responses to our Call for Input clearly showed that the industry sees a role for the regulator to participate in initiatives that encourage the adoption of RegTech, whether at idea, development or exploration phase.
We get many requests to endorse particular approaches or RegTech solutions. Firms also ask us to participate in initiatives that are aimed at adopting technology by regulated firms.
We are generally happy to receive demonstrations on particular RegTech solutions, as this helps us understand what’s being developed. Likewise, we talk openly about our work and plans. Read about how to book a demo with us in on our events section. However, due to our competition remit we are limited in how we can offer help and we will not endorse proprietary technology or solutions.
To adopt consistent practice, we use these working principles:
- The solution or approach should enhance a firm’s regulatory compliance outcomes, or promote enhanced outcomes for consumers.
- The initiative is led by industry, characterised by multi-firm collaboration and participation.
- The solution is developed in an open and transparent manner.
- The initiative is able to be made public, ensuring that other participants with genuine interest and contributions to make can be involved.
- We can participate in the discussion, but are not being asked to endorse the approach.
- As with all innovation, participation and learning is more important than the initiative being a success.
To contact the RegTech team about a potential collaboration, please email [email protected].
Alternatively, the regulatory sandbox allows businesses to test innovative products, services, business models and delivery mechanisms in the real market, with real consumers. For further information visit the Innovate Sandbox pages.
Monthly showcase events
Finance and Mental Health - 23 January 2019
On 23 January, we will be dedicating our showcase to Finance and Mental Health. We are keen to hear from organisations that are working on tech solutions that could help vulnerable consumers manage their finances, particularly those who suffer with poor mental health. We hope to identify new and exciting ideas that may help inform work that we are embarking on in 2019. This is a great opportunity to potentially gain exposure for your solution and collaborate with a range of representatives from across the financial and healthcare industries to make a real difference for vulnerable consumers.
Our rules of engagement for showcase days apply, so please make yourself familiar with them before registering your interest. To register your interest, email [email protected] by 10 January 2019 as we have a limited number of slots available. We will notify you within a week to confirm if you have secured a slot.
The FCA Innovate team is committed to encouraging innovation in the interest of consumers. Read more about our Innovate events to see what we are doing in the broader FinTech space.